The first vaporizers were designed for marijuana. Desktop vaporizers evolved into more portable vape devices as a result of the initial invention. Making a joint with dry herb vape is comparable to creating a smoking, but this lesson will get you started on the correct path. Whether you want to use marijuana or CBD hemp bud, you’ll need to follow these same guidelines.
Unfortunately, you can’t just fill a regular vape pen with marijuana. Vape pens are not designed to be used in that manner. The good news is that dry herb atomizers and tanks are also available. They aren’t as efficient as standalone vapes, but they’re an inexpensive way to enjoy your cannabis without having to use a lighter.
In this post, we’ll be focusing on dry herb vaporizers, but there are many options to smoking herbal concentrates that are more convenient, efficient, and produce less odor.
How to vape weed: what you’ll need
Here’s everything you’ll need to get started. Even if you’re using a portable or desktop vaporizer, it’s likely that you’ll need a few more peripherals.
- Dry herb: For this technique, you’ll need high-quality dry herb; if you reside in a non-legalized or medical marijuana state, you may buy high CBD cannabis online. The bud shouldn’t be too sticky or hard, or it won’t function properly.
- Vaporizer: Portable and desktop vaporizers are the most popular. They’re stand-alone gadgets that were built just for this purpose and will be your top pick.
- Grinder: Grinders are required for conduction vapes, but they’re also useful for most convection vapes. A grinder is always a must-have tool in your arsenal.
- Accessories: With a vaporizer, you’ll generally get a brush and a stir tool. Cotton swabs, pipe cleaners, and high-strength isopropyl alcohol are also essential.
Can you vape weed?
The first vaporizers were originally created for marijuana use. Desktop vaporizers evolved into smaller, lighter vape devices as a consequence of their invention. While dry herb vapes and rolling joints are comparable, there’s a lot more to them than meets the eye. Whether you’re vaping cannabis or CBD hemp bud, you’ll want to follow these same standards.
It’s difficult to just stick marijuana into your existing vape pen. Vape pens don’t work in that manner. The news is that, while they aren’t as efficient as standalone devices, dry herb atomizers and tanks do exist. They aren’t nearly as powerful as stand-alone devices, but they’re a convenient alternative to smoking without the health hazards associated with combustion.
In this lesson, we’ll be discussing dry herb vaporizers, but there are many other options for vaping herbal concentrates now, such as weed pens, wax pens, and electric dab rigs.
How to use and pack a dry herb vaporizer
To avoid losing vapor and perhaps even scorching your fingertips, turn off your vaporizer before loading it. Not to mention that packing will be a lot simpler if the oven or chamber isn’t hot.
- Step 1: Make sure your device is fully charged or connected.
- Step 2: A fine to medium grind is required by all vaporizers. Some convection vapes may allow you to use full buds, but grinding is usually a good idea for cannabis vaping, especially for conduction devices.
- Step 3: Place your dry herb in the oven or chamber of your vaporizer, using a small business card or a weed scoop.
- Step 4: Make the surface as level as possible by packing the herb with a tool or your finger. To increase surface area, convection vapes need a firmer pack, but it shouldn’t be packed too tightly — airflow must be able to flow through (consider a well-packed joint vs. one that is too tight). Loose packing can be used for convection vapes; however, an even consistency is preferable.
- Step 5: Turn on the device and select a temperature using the buttons on its side.
How to sanitize your vape
It’s critical to follow these instructions before using your vape. Some vapes may retain machine fluids from the manufacturing process. It has an odd odor and flavor, which can have a significant impact on your experience. Rather than risking it after use, it’s preferable to sanitize a vaporizer before its first usage.
- Do a burn-off: Run it for 3-4 heating cycles with an empty chamber to get rid of any remaining machine oil.
- Before you inhale, clean the vapor path: Insert a pipe cleaner or cotton swab through it to clean out the vapour pathway before it reaches your mouth.
- Wipe the mouthpiece with alcohol on both ends. Clean, soak in alcohol, then dry after each usage. This is the same approach that may be used to clean any non-digital components.
- When the bag gets discolored or sticky from cannabis resin, replace it. If you’re using a desktop vaporizer, change the bag when it becomes discolored or greasy.
How to clean a vaporizer
The ideal moment to clean your smartphone is immediately following your treatment, since it’s a lot of fun while you’re still feeling the effects. If you make it a habit, your device will be ready and clean when you need it.
- Turn off your vaporizer and make sure it isn’t too hot.
- Remove the mouthpiece from your device
- Use a brush to remove any extra debris from the herb chamber.
- Tamp down the inside of the chamber with an alcohol-soaked cotton Q-tip to clean it.
- Dampen a pipe cleaner with rubbing alcohol and clean the vapor path (hold the device up to the light to see if the walls get clean)
It’s critical to clean your device once in a while! Residue can build up and cause uneven vaporization. It’s all right if you go a few days without cleaning, but don’t let it get too far out of hand. A clogged vape machine will not function properly.
How to inhale weed from a vape
If you’ve never used a marijuana vaporizer before, it might be tough to figure out how to use one. The sensation of vapor in your lungs is different than that of smoke, and although it is far cooler than smoke, it may still cause coughing. You’ll eventually discover your personal optimum temperature.
- Wait 30 seconds after your vape reaches temperature before taking your first puff (for portables, it’s often just a minute or two)
- Take a few careful puffs to prime the vaporizer.
- Drag the mouthpiece down to fill your lungs with vapor; exhale.
- If the draw feels too tight, try using your lips lightly on the mouthpiece.
The majority of dry herb vapes are session vapes, which have a similar lifespan to that of a joint. You may restart it at any time unlike a joint. The bud may be expected to live longer depending on the heat settings used for the first time, also known as already vaped bud or AVB.